Friday, April 4, 2008

Hamburger in Paradise



In my infinite quest to become a world renowned chef, or at least a dude who can cook decently, today, I made the best self-prepared burger I've ever had. The key ingredient: organic beef. It was 85/15 beef from Maverick Ranch in Denver. I threw in some onion gravy dry mix, salt and pepper and cooked it to a perfect medium on the George Foreman. That little thing is one heck of an invention. Anyway, the burger tasted like a steak burger from Le Bec Fin. 5-star baby. I will definitely be making this for my parents. Girish and I were just talking and agreed that organic food is worth the hype. Everything in India is organic and the chicken tastes 100x better than anti-biotic fed American chicken.


I also worked out yesterday for the first time in a while. After finishing, I felt so at ease, so happy and supremely confident. I am going back today at 3pm. My goal is to go every other day. I do the elliptical because it's easy on my back and knees. It's no wonder Kajal always feels so happy- she exercises, does yoga and eats organic. Fine, she's right, I'm wrong.
Kajal came into Colorado about a month ago and we went up to Breckenridge to go dog sledding and snowshoeing. I really got attached to this little female puppy in the photo. She had really nice white fur and innocent eyes. She was only about 7 months old. All the dogs seemed really thin, but I guess that's what happens when you run miles and miles a day. They all seemed so happy with their work. We had a great tour guide, but I lost my nice ski mittens. Dag! In the afternoon, we showshoed along a crest above the town of Breckenridge. The lights sparkled and we actually walked right under a ski lift. The snow along the edge of the trail was about 3 feet of loose powder. So if you stepped in it, you sunk like a stone.

1 comment:

Dangerous D said...

funny I was looking at this picture of you with the dog just this Friday.
That dog-sledding experience was AWESOME!