Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Go (further) west young man

It's official. Yesterday, I put in my two weeks at Amgen Boulder and will be moving to Bellevue, WA on May 3 to live with Kajal. This is a photo of Lake Washington which is just minutes from Bellevue and a great place to rent a boat and go cruising. I am still looking for work in Philadelphia, but while in Washington, I plan on working at an animal shelter. I really want to develop some of my interests outside of work and if in my trials of doing other work, I find something I'm really passionate about, I may not go back to biotech at all. We'll see. Life's too short to do a job you don't really like.


I am feeling pretty good about this decision. I have been away from Kajal for way too long. She is still working on getting her working visa, which should come next January. She is also working on her leaf paper plate idea, has pitched it to Whole Foods and is working on a patent. We are going to have fun this summer, hiking on Mount Rainier, eating good seafood (well, me at least) and boating on Lake Washington. Hopefully, we can play golf with Dan and Dana as well. ;-)


I would like to move back to Philly by late August (Steph is getting married!), but I will wait until I find a job that is normal hours. I'm sick of working weird off-shifts.



In other news, I will be going to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico at the end of April. Girish's uncle has a timeshare down there, so him and Vidisha (his wife), Kajal and I will all head down. We will stay 4 days, while G and V will stay for a week. Should be a nice place to reflect on my time in Colorado and think about what is next in this crazy life. By the way, don't go see the movie "The Ruins". It was terrible.