Sunday, November 18, 2007

17 Days to Freedom!!!

I have buyers for my house. The closing is scheduled for December 5, 2007. It's a long story, but basically selling this house ranks #6 on the world's all-time list for "Greatest Tests of Patience". I first put the home up for sale in the spring of 2005. Almost three years later, it will finally be gone from my life. I'm trying to focus on the good memories from the house, like the two Halloween parties, the fires, chopping about 5 1/2 cords of wood with my chainsaw. I did have fun working on all the projects, but in the end, the house was too big (I don't have much "stuff")and too isolated to really enjoy. So, life goes on. I love my apartment and my new role at work is coming along.

Tomorrow, I meet Anne, Isabella's new babysitter. Bella enjoys her independence and I think this is the best way for her to spend weekends when I'm not home; in her own bed, with her own food. She is definitely a Russell!

I'm still looking for a part-time job for the weekends. I get off from Saturday morning until Wednesday night, so I have a lot of time. I want to get into something to do with dogs, like a kennel tech, but those jobs are hard to come by. We'll see. I really enjoyed my job as a pizza chef in high school, maybe I can do that again. I also thought about working at Gap, so I could get discounts, but I really dislike retail.

I miss Rob. He's in Iraq while Meg and Katy Rose are in Germany. I hope they are all warm and safe.

Kajal comes in this week for Thanksgiving and then I go see Girish and his new home in December. And then back to the East Coast in December for Christmas.

2 comments:

Dangerous D said...

xoxoxxoooxxxoxox

Dan Stangel said...

Congrats on the house and good luck in the final days of closing!! Let's get together next weekend or thereabouts if you're free.
-D&D&A